Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    somaya

Default Account registration API

Hi!
    I have found some Demo Account registration example, that uses some dll file.
    It says that file should be found in system32, but I think it could be in the same directory.

However, there are no examples of how to create Real Account through API (PHP).
    At least I cannot find.

Can you give me some link with list of APIs or something that could help me to write API for:
    1) register (create) demo and real account
    2) forget password option

Hi too somaya,

We will update you as soon as possible, please stand by.

Lightbulb Create Account

Dear Somaya,

1- There is clear example of how to create a new account using our back-office API, Please view attached images
    Notice : You must create a client before create an Account

Create Client function

Create Account function

For more details about BO API please visit :
    BO API Documentation

2- About forgetting password option, This service is not currently available in the API, Please open ticket as suggested
    feature and we will study it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creat Account 1..jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creat Account 3..jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creat Account 2..jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	248  

somaya

hi ,
    I have two questions:
    1) Client API vs Backoffice API
    info in your knowledgebase suggests two APIs - Client API and Backoffice API, it is not really clear for me what is meant by one and another.
    your answer is about "Backoffice API". Before this I thought that I should look only to Client API, but probably I am wrong.

2) CreateClient (To create a new Client) and CreateAccount (To create a new account for a specific client.)
    What is meant by "Client" and "Account"? you said i must create a client before create an Account i'm not sure i know what you men by that.

best rgards

Post Backoffice Vs Client

Welcome Somaya

First, I would like to give you a overview of VertexFX structure. (see the following picture).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlatformStructur&#10.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	266

We can conclude from the picture that : The system owner manage his business using Backoffice

Backoffice : Program used by the system owner or dealer, which manages a group of customers through it.

you can request a demo backoffice by visit this link.

APIs : open source samples with VertexFX DLLs, You can build your own application with your rules through it.

1-Backoffice API: you can use it when you wish to create your own backoffice (with your customization) which will be used by the owner of the business.

2-Client API: you can use it when you wish to create your own client terminal (with your customization) which will be used by the end users (clients) of the business.

And each has its own characteristics which are different from the other (Backoffice API for administration and client API for end users ) .

===========================================

Account Vs Client

Each client have (UserName & Password) which used by customer to login into system through client terminal.
    Each client should at least have one account.
    Each account has a balance of money can buy and sell positions through it.
    Last edited by Hassan-HS; 07-10-2013 at 08:06 PM.

somaya

hi again ,
    thank you for your reply .
    what we are trying to do is to create our own customized registration form . concluding from your answer we should use Client API? if so , that brings us back to same question - how to create real account? (previous answer says - using Backoffice API, you can create Account/Client)

best regards

Post Creating real account

Hello Somaya,

Only system owner or dealer have privilege can create a real account, so you should to use BackOffice API.

somaya

So BackOffice API for creating Real Account , and Client API for creating Demo Account ?

Lightbulb yes exactly

welcome somaya

yes exactly.

somaya

thank you so much , i really appreciate your help .

Wink Thanks for contacting us

Feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance.

somaya

hello again ,

For some tests I have used my own local machien that has Windows.
    It seems that our website uses linux as server (Cpanel shows this).

Vertex Backoffice API is ActiveX COM object (*.dll), that should be added to PHP to be able to run API methods.
    COM objects could be added only into windows based server and not Linux based server (this is far as I know).

References:

1) Somone asked how to add Vertex dll object to PHP:
    http://www.hybrid-solutions.com/foru...ex-API-and-PHP
    He has used Windows machine.

2)
    http://lv1.php.net/manual/en/com.requirements.php
    "COM functions are only available for the Windows version of PHP."

I am not sure that "BackOffice Vertex API has support from non-Windows based machines" , so what can be done in that case ?

best reagrds

Salah-HS

Post Use VertexFX WCF Service

Dear,
    The Vertex API is working under Windows only, So if you use other Operating system you should use the VertexFX WCF Service
    This link will help you using the VertexFX WCF Service.
    please let me know if you need further assistance.

Salah-HS

Default Suggestion

Hello Again,

After reviewing your full thread, you need to create real account and demo account. and as discussed above, the real account needs Backoffice API only, so in this case, using the WCF Web Service is not an option (The WCF is a Web Service for the Client API).

What I suggest is, since you already have finished your forms, you can install those forms on a windows-based server and host them on this server, then, use an iFrame within your site that is hosted in Linux-based server to show it. This way, your website will remain on the Linux server, and the forms section only is on Windows server.

Hope this will help .

Let me know if you need any further assistance

somaya

hey ,
    thanks for your suggestion , we're working on it but we're having troubles with registering DLL via PHP on our shared windows-based server. do you have any suggestion for how we can do that ? if it's even possible .

Thread Information