Default ArrayInitialized Method

Hello When I use the ArrayInitialized method as described here, it throws an error Type Mismatch. Please check this.

https://support.hybridsolutions.com/...icle/View/1697

Thanks

Default More Errors in VTL functions

Result= iHighest ("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 5, 1) : This works fine. When When the last bar (developing bar) is include like
    Result= iHighest ("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 5, 0) it does not take the developing bar into calculation

Result= iHighest ("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 5, 1): This throwes an error and not work at all

3 result=iLow("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 0) is expected to rturn developing bar's Low price but returns 0

4 result=iHigh("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 0) is expected to rturn developing bar's Highprice but returns 0

From One bar back iHigh and iLow work fine

With these functions it is easier to get the high, low close etc of bar's without calling CopyHigh etc.

5 When a Timeframe other than the chart time frame is used, the data returned is not correct, for example, On a 30 minute chart calling these functions
    with timeframe 1 minute is expected to return new high/low on every minute, but the data returned is same after 5 minutes

6 HighPrices, LowPrices etc

Open a 1 hour chart for any symbo, here it is NZD/USD (the chart is not opened earlier) and use this code

Dim arr ()

Count = HighPrices ("NZD/USD", PERIOD_M5, 1, Bars (0), arr)

AlertMessage ("the high price for the bar number 30 is " & Arr (Bars (0)))

Hello When I use the ArrayInitialized method as described here, it throws an error Type Mismatch. Please check this.

https://support.hybridsolutions.com/...icle/View/1697

Thanks
    I have solved it and it will be in the next patch I will update you once we release it .

Quote Originally Posted by Edakad View Post
    Result= iHighest ("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 5, 1) : This works fine. When When the last bar (developing bar) is include like
    Result= iHighest ("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 5, 0) it does not take the developing bar into calculation

You have to know that the last parameter on this method is for start index bar to get the highest high prices form it and there is no zero index .

Result= iHighest ("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 5, 1): This throwes an error and not work at all
    I have checked it and it is working fine , till me what exact do you do to get the error ?

3 result=iLow("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 0) is expected to rturn developing bar's Low price but returns 0

4 result=iHigh("EUR/USD", PERIOD_M1, 0) is expected to rturn developing bar's Highprice but returns 0
    From One bar back iHigh and iLow work fine
    With these functions it is easier to get the high, low close etc of bar's without calling CopyHigh etc.
    The last parameter is for how many rows do you want to return to get the low or high prices for so if you set the rowcount = zero there is no return value

5 When a Timeframe other than the chart time frame is used, the data returned is not correct, for example, On a 30 minute chart calling these functions
    with timeframe 1 minute is expected to return new high/low on every minute, but the data returned is same after 5 minutes
    As I see you put the parameter (barsCount) equal 5 so you compare between the start index and the next five bars to get the high or the low if the time Frame is 1 minute so the value will be the same till get the next five bar to compare between it

6 HighPrices, LowPrices etc

Open a 1 hour chart for any symbo, here it is NZD/USD (the chart is not opened earlier) and use this code

Dim arr ()

Count = HighPrices ("NZD/USD", PERIOD_M5, 1, Bars (0), arr)

AlertMessage ("the high price for the bar number 30 is " & Arr (Bars (0)))

If the chart not opened earlier you have to wait the Priceloaded event to trigger to get the prices arrays to this symbol

Hello,

Thanks for the replies, many things are clarified

PrintLog iLowest(ChartSymbol(0), ChartPeriod(), 10, 10 ) Please check this code, it throws a VTL exception,

I am using VertexFX 11.1.1-2353

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Edakad View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for the replies, many things are clarified

PrintLog iLowest(ChartSymbol(0), ChartPeriod(), 10, 10 ) Please check this code, it throws a VTL exception,

I am using VertexFX 11.1.1-2353

Thanks

We have found the issue and fixed it , it will be in the next patch and I will update you once we release it

Thread Information