PDA

View Full Version : Fx Client API

AlgoNaute
04-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi Hybrid,

in your code sample or documentation, the Client API is used. We find several references of "m_oClient" being used. What is the client?

However I do not really understand what it links to and should i use it.

I want to connect the Fx Liquidity Bridge to an external broker API,

Lets take the connect exemple from your doc.

Public Overrides Function Connect() As TransResult
m_oClient.Login()
Return New TransResult(True)
End Function

Personnaly i think we need to replace "m_oClient.Login()" by my own code to connect to my third party broker. Is it correct. Can I get rid of all m_oClient references or not?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yousef-HS
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Hello,

From what I understand, you need to do and develop bridging application. The Bridge API and nothing else as the Bridge API is a kit for using the vertex Bridge Rules with another Non-vertex system. there is no need for Vertex Client API as our Client API is used to connect to vertex systems, you need the other party's client API in order to integrate it with the VertexFX Bridge API..

However, and in case you need to develop your own bridging application with its own rules and functionality other than the existing rules in the vertex bridge itself, you can use the VertexFX Backoffice API and develop your own Bridge with the other Party's client API but this is a longer cycle where we simplified it by building the Bridge and disclosed its API.

AlgoNaute
04-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks Yousef. I think the Bridge API will be enough for us. I was just getting confused about the use of client API.

Yousef-HS
04-12-2012, 08:59 AM
No problem. Don't hesitate to start a new thread if you need any further assistance.