PDA

View Full Version : Server Side Script - GetChartHistory()

Edakad
08-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Hello,

This is about the bar data returned by "GetChartHistory()". Suppose we make the below call

Dim _bars As Integer
Dim _SymbolInfo As VTLGeneral.CSymbol = ClientCode.GetSymbolByName("EUR/USD")
Dim _historyDataC As Object()

_bars = ClientCode.Bars(_symbolInfo.ID,_chartPeriod)

_historyDataC = ClientCode.GetChartHistory(_symbolInfo.ID, _chartPeriod, VTLGeneral.ENUM_HISTORY_TYPE.HIS_CLOSE, _bars)

_historyDataC is now indexed from 0 to _bars - 1

So the last bar is _bars - 1. Now the returned value for _historyDataC(_bars-1) is not the last bar in chart, ie the developing bar, but the last completed bar.

So far Ok. Now suppose we have to get the open high low close of the developing bar.

SymbolInfoDouble or CSymbol gives High, Low, Bid, Ask. We can get developing bar's high, low and close (Bid) from this.

Now there is no method to get the open of the developing bar, I am afraid. May be I am missing something here.

Of course I can adjust the developing bar's open to last completed bar's close, but this is not perfect.

Hassan-HS
08-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Hello Edakad :) ,

We cant retrieve the open or the close price for the current candle because it's not stored in our database, however i will check the possibility of adding this feature to our system.

Thanks

nhasan
10-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Hello Hassan

I am looking for the same data i.e. Open price of current bar but don't find anything in help page.
Is the feature included in your system?
I am using latest version of VTL editor from VertexFx 10.5.3 client terminal.

Thanks
Naeem Hasan

Hassan-HS
10-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Hello Naeem.

You cant retrieve the prices for the current candle because it's not stored in the database.

Is the feature included in your system?

No because it's not applicable in this version

Thanks