PDA

View Full Version : WCF GetChartData does not include the current bar

jcollins
07-25-2013, 11:23 AM
[http://www.hybrid-solutions.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1948]

GetChartData in the WCF does not seem to include the current in-progress bar. Therefore, it seems to be impossible to get the high/low of the current day, hour etc.

Is this correct?

Salah-HS
07-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Dear sir,
The current in-progress bar will NOT be included in the GetChartData since it hasn't been stored at the Database.
So you can go on a for loop and loop over all the record of the current day as they are of type MINUTE ONE to get the highest high of them.EXCLUDING the in-process one.
I hope that it's clear now, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

jcollins
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Do you have any plans to change this? I can't think of any other trading platform/API where this is necessary, and even this route is not guaranteed to be reliable if the high/low for the current day/hour etc has been within the current minute.

It's also very inefficient. GetChartData is already quite slow, and it potentially means that to fill in a D1 chart it is necessary to download about 250KB of extra data (up to 1440 M1 candles of approx. 180 bytes each) just to fill in one data point - which is still not guaranteed to be accurate.

jcollins
07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
...it would probably also help if you turned on dynamic compression in IIS. As far as I can see, responses from the WCF are not currently compressed, and the amount of data sent over the wire for GetChartData could therefore probably be reduced by as much as 90%.

IIS 7 has compression turned on by default. IIS 6 (which you seem to be using) needs metabase changes in order to enable dynamic compression: e.g. http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2004/01/12/57916.aspx

Salah-HS
07-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Dear Sir,
Our Development team are working on it, we will take your suggestion in our consideration.
Thanks