PDA

View Full Version : Bridge API dll, price is not set properly

Naveedali
07-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I am developing Bridge API Dll. My LP does not provide any information about symbols so I set Symbol Count to '0'.

I have made a rule to cover market order/ limit order as limit order.

But when i received order confirmation in Bridge Dll the price is set to '-1 '. so I am unable to cover this market order as limit order.

Please assist me in this regards.

thanks
Naveed

Hassan-HS
07-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Wellcome Naveedali,

I will study this case, I will update you soon please standby.

Amjad-HS
07-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Dear Naveed,

If your LP does not support giving symbols count, you can return 0 in SymbolsCount function. But it is not recommended since the LP combo will be empty in the bridge, and the end user will be forced to fill the symbol name manually.
For more info about SymbolsCount, please follow this link:
http://www.hybrid-solutions.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/2052

Regarding to price -1, it is LP issue that you should trace it in your LP code. From our side when you implement the two Symbol functions (By index and by name), the bridge will know your LP price for the symbol from your return LPSymbol object. It seems that you return -1 value as price in the LPSymbol object, which needs tracing from your side to know why you don't get prices from the LP.

Some LPs don't support prices and orders execution in one session, but you need to connect two sessions, one for executing orders, and the second for prices.

Please let me know if you still need more assistance.

Naveedali
07-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks Amjad for the detailed reply.

Can you elaborate the working of Bridge API incase of new limit order. When the overrriden method 'NewLimitOrder' is called from bridge, what and how the value in PRICE argument is provided. I my understanding this should be the value at which the order is executed at Vertex End.

Thanks
NAVEED

Hassan-HS
07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
We will update you soon, please standby

Hassan-HS
07-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Dear Naveed,

The price is determined from overriden function Symbol(by Name).

www.hybrid-solutions.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/2053

Naveedali
07-25-2013, 07:37 AM
So it means the bridge when receive order from Vertex , load symbol mapping and then load respective symbol price in LP, and then pass this price to NewLimitOrder method after adjusting with Covering rule of pips etc?

Hassan-HS
07-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Dear Naveed,

Yes Sir, This cycle applied for each Limit and Market Orders.

b_morar
09-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Dear Sir,

Please update us if every thing is clear now or not, and let me know if you need any further assistance. :D